Summer 2019

This Friday sees our last week of classes before the summer break. We all enjoy training, but it’s not quite as fun when it’s too hot!

After Fridays classes, we will reopen for lessons on Friday 6th September 2019.

That doesn’t mean it’s all stop for everyone though! Sensei Adam will be has a busy summer planned, with a Seminar in Manchester on the 3rd August being run by the highest ranked belt in the WJJF, Jūdan (10th Dan!) Shihan John Greenhalgh.

That’s on top of the 6 planned trips to Norwich to attend classes run by Scichidan (7th Dan) Kyōshi Robert Howes, just as he did last year.

While this will be mostly for his own Nidan (2nd Dan) training, Adam will bring back more training methods and techniques for the rest of us to use!


We have set up a WhatsApp group!

If you would like to be added then please contact either Sensei’s Julia or Adam and they can add you to the group manually.
NB: We used to have a clickable link for people to add themselves but it got abused by spammers, so we have removed the link.

Please be aware that this requires a mobile phone number that will be visible to everyone else in the group. If you do not want your phone number shared with other people they you may not want to use this app.

If you would like more information, you can check the WhatsApp website –

Provisional Grading date

We have set a provisional date for our next grading session. We are looking at doing gradings the first week of July, which would be Friday 5th July. We want to have the gradings done before the summer break but also want to allow everyone enough time to get ready, which is why we settled on the first week of July.

This date may change as we will require a senior coach to invigilate, and we may need to adjust the date around when they are available.

We will let you know as soon as we know what the final confirmed date will be.

Sōke Clark Seminar Highlights (16th February 2019)

Footage from yesterday’s seminar at World Ju-Jitsu Federation. See if you can spot our Sensei Adam!

You can also view the pictures posted by the WJJF on their Facebook page –

And to quote our Sensei Adam:
That is the HARDEST workout I have done in a long time! Great to work with and learn from other Sensei, Kyōshi, Shihan and Hanshi.

Feeling humbled by how much I was able to help others and be helped.

I really enjoyed it, even if I’m a bit bruised after!

Interim Gradings 1st March 2019

We have been given permission to hold an interim grading for up to 4 adults and 6 children.

While we would like to have everyone ready to grade at the same time, people progress at different rates and we have some students ready to grade for whom it would be unfair to make them wait for other students to be ready.

Unlike normal gradings this grading will not require the presence of an outside coach to evaluate both the students grading and us as coaches. Because of this we have been limited to the numbers of adults and children quoted above.

We have spoken to the students we feel are ready and invited them to grade. If you have been approached by us to grade you will need to bring in your Budo Pass and Grading fee this Friday 15th February. As a reminder, these are our current grading fees:

Juniors (Children’s class) Seniors (Adults class)
  • White to Green belts: £26
  • Blue+White to Brown+White belt: £31
  • Brown Belt: £25*
  • Black+White (1st Dan): £60**
  • White to Green Belts: £31
  • Blue+White to Brown+white belts: £41
  • Brown Belt: £35*
  • Black (1st Dan): £120**

* The grading fee includes the cost of a sew on patch which is a WJJF grading requirement. There is no patch required for the Brown or Black belts so the cost of the patch is removed.

Snow day 01/02/2019

Regarding tonight’s lessons and the snow.

We have not decided whether or not to close tonight as Sensei Julia will be commuting from Milton Keynes and Sensei Adam is still ill, meaning it would be just Julia running the classes.

In the mean time we would like to get a feel for how many student may be able to attend tonight assuming the roads are clear and safe. That said, it would be prudent to follow the usual advice of not to travel unless it is necessary.

We will aim to have a decision by 4pm this afternoon so keep an eye on the usual sources (the website, on Facebook and Twitter) or if in doubt contact us directly if you have not heard.

We have decided to play it safe and cancel the classes tonight in case more snow falls or it freezes the melted snow and is icy.

We should be back to normal next week. See you then!