When are you open?
We are open every Friday during school term times. The doors open around 18:45. The children’s class starts at 19:00. This is followed by the adults class at 20:00.
Half term dates and other closed days 2020
- Friday 27th December 2019 – Christmas/New Year Break
- Friday 3rd January 2020 – Christmas/New Year Break
- Friday 21st February – Spring Half Term
- Friday 20th March – Closed due to Coronavirus / COVID-19
- Friday 27th March – Closed due to Coronavirus / COVID-19
- Friday 10th April – Easter Break
- Friday 17th April – Easter Break
- Friday 31st May – Summer Half Term
- Friday 24th July – Summer Holidays
- Friday 31st July – Summer Holidays
- Friday 7th August – Summer Holidays
- Friday 14th August – Summer Holidays
- Friday 21st August – Summer Holidays
- Friday 28th August – Summer Holidays
- Friday 30th October – Autumn Half Term
- Friday 25th December 2020 – Christmas/New Year Break
- Friday 1st January 2021 – Christmas/New Year Break
Are there any other days you might be closed?
While we aim to be open as much as possible, occasionally we have closed for reasons beyond our control, such as the coaches being ill, outside work commitments, or the Scout group (whose hall we use) requiring access during class hours.
When we do have to close we will let people know as soon as we can. Notifications are published here in the ‘News‘ section, on our Facebook page, and via Twitter page. Sensei Julia will also send out text messages if there is a last minute reason why the classes are closed.
Why are you only open during school term times?
In the past we used to be open 50/51 weeks a year (depending on what days Christmas and New years were on), but often found during school holidays many students would go on holiday or simply not turn up, leaving us with empty or near-empty classes. We therefore decided to not run classes during holidays to let everyone take a break.
If for whatever reason you can’t make it to a class we greatly appreciate it when students inform us in advance that they will not be coming to class.