When are you open?
We are open every Friday during school term times. The doors open around 18:45. The children’s class starts at 19:00. This is followed by the adults class at 20:00.
Half term dates and other closed days 2021/2022
- Friday 29th October – Autumn Half Term
- Friday 24th December 2021 – Christmas/New Year Break
- Friday 31st December 2021 – Christmas/New Year Break
- Friday 7th January 2022 – 9th Aylesbury Scouts using hall
- Friday 25th February 2022 – Spring Half Term
- Friday 15th April 2022 – Easter Break (Good Friday)
- Friday 22nd April 2022 – Easter Break
- Friday 3rd June 2022 – Summer Half Term / Queen’s Jubilee Bank Holiday
- Friday 22nd July 2022 – Summer Holidays
- Friday 29th July 2022 – Summer Holidays
- Friday 5th August 2022 – Summer Holidays
- Friday 12th August 2022 – Summer Holidays
- Friday 19th August 2022 – Summer Holidays
- Friday 26th August 2022 – Summer Holidays
- Friday 28th October 2022 – Autumn Half Term
- Friday 23rd December 2022 – Christmas/New Year Break
- Friday 30th December 2022 – Christmas/New Year Break
Are there any other days you might be closed?
While we aim to be open as much as possible, occasionally we have closed for reasons beyond our control, such as the coaches being ill, outside work commitments, or the 9th Aylesbury Scout group (whose hall we use) requiring access during class hours.
When we do have to close we will let people know as soon as we can. Notifications are published here in the ‘News‘ section, on our Facebook page, and via our Twitter page. Sensei Julia will also send out text messages if there is a last minute reason why the classes are closed.
Why are you only open during school term times?
In the past we used to be open 50/51 weeks a year (depending on what days Christmas and New years were on), but often found during school holidays many students would go on holiday or simply not turn up, leaving us with empty or near-empty classes. We therefore decided to not run classes during holidays to let everyone take a break.
If for whatever reason you can’t make it to a class we greatly appreciate it when students inform us in advance that they will not be coming to class.