It’s been a while since we posted one of these, so here’s a few updates.
Covid Update #11
As you will have seen by now, the UK Government announced the end of many Covid-19 restrictions in England. We have waited to see if the WJJF or the Scouts would update their policies or requirements since then, and so far we have not been made aware of any changes.
What this actually means for us is that our Covid Policy is still in effect. Whilst the legal requirement for people to self-isolate has been been removed, we will still:
- Encourage all students to follow the safe practices established by the government,
- Encourage student to notify us when they have tested positive for Covid, and
- Discourage students who have tested positive for Covid from attending classes for the 10 days after testing positive
Over the last few months we have been working to upload copies of both WJJF policies and our club specific policies here on the website. You can find these at the top right of the page on the menu bar, or you can simply click here – https://dragonspiritaylesbury.co.uk/policies/
We will also start to carry a printed copy of our policies with us in classes. The only exception to this will be the WJJF Child Protection Policy, of which we will have an abridged version as the full document is 108 pages long.
Many of you will be familiar with our large white folder that has copies of the WJJF syllabus in. We will also use this to store copies of the policies in as well from now on.
One of the policies you will see is our new Photos and Filming Policy, which we have written so that going forward we can be sure that we are using any media featuring students with the correct permissions, in order to comply with the Data Protection Act (2018).
We strongly suggest you read the full policy (linked above) however in essence;
- We need the consent of every student to use their likeness in any social media posts or advertising.
- For the junior students, we first need the parents consent then the consent of the student themselves.
- Students have the right to refuse their likeness being used, in which case any images where they appear will be censored
- Students can withdraw their consent at any time, without question. All you need to do is let us know which photos and where they have been used.
This will mean that ahead of our gradings on Friday (25th March 2022), we are asking all students to fill out a consent form. We have printed out copies of this form which will be available from Friday, but to make this a little easier you can download a copy of the form here – Dragon Spirit Ju-Jitsu Photography and Filming Consent Form.pdf (90.6kb)
Just print it out, sign it and hand it in to us as soon as possible.
We do also have some more long term plans for photos and filming, however we will let you know about these in due course.
Opening times and start times.
We have noticed that students for both the children’s class and adults have been arriving after the classes have started. When they arrive they not ready to start meaning the lesson may not start on time, or that Julia/Adam have to spend extra time making sure these students have properly warmed up instead of teaching the actual lessons.
While this may only be a few minutes, we each class is only an hour long and we would like to make every minute count.
We would like to remind parents that we open at 6:45pm, so that students have a chance to get ready before the class starts at 7pm. The same principle applies to the adults class. Please arrive before 8pm so you are ready to train as soon as possible once the children’s class has finished.